district is the second largest in Venice. It is the most easily accessed via dry land and has a very important and extremely busy area: the Strada Nuova. The area near San Giovanni Grisostomo and next to the Church of the Holy Apostles was already densely populated in the year 1000. Later, towards the 15th century, new areas were built around the churches of Santa Sofia, San Felice, San Marziale, Santa Fosca, San Marcuola, San Leonardo and San Geremia. After the construction of the railway bridge (in 1841) and the railway station (in 1860), the new part of the district became the more urbanised area.
The jewel in the crown of Hotel Savoia & Jolanda is the view that can be enjoyed from the lagoon-facing building, where our junior suites are located, but also the magnificent Campo San Zaccaria where you can see the Renaissance church from many of our rooms.
At disposal of our guests a beautiful wooden boat, ideal for transfers and special occasions to celebrate in the Venice Lagoon.
Book now with our concierge a transfer or a tour with our boats.